Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get back to main menu from VM box 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmore628

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2007
US
Hey guys,
How do you get back to the main menu once you reach a VM box? I know *8 will allow you to dial another extension but I'm looking to dial a selector code...

Partner ACS 7

Thanks

What's the voice mail?

If Partner Messaging, create a mailbox that points to the auto attendant, then either *8 and that extension number from the mailbox, or set the Personal Operator of the mailbox to that auto attendant mailbox.

For other voice mails, loop an extension to a CO port, make that CO be answered immediatly by the auto attendant, and transfer from the mailbox to that extension.

Yes, I am using Partner Messaging. Sorry
Please allow me to better explain myself.

When the auto attendant comes on and then after choosing the extension/selector code and you get where you want to go but the person does not answer and you get VM. Im looking to get back to the auto attendant so I can choose a certain selector code (8) that rings all phones (already set up). This way this person can be helped immediately.

My problem is our clients cant get anyone on the phone sometimes.

Thank you TTT, appreciate it!

You could just have each user log into their own mailboxes and change their Personal Operator to the extension number that rings all the phones (whatever you have set Selector Code 8 to transfer to. I'm guessing that is one of the Calling Groups, Ext. 71 - 74)

Otherwise, you can go into the Partner Messaging, create mailbox 50 (for instance), but instead or pressing 1 to assign a mailbox to it, press 3 to assign it to an auto attendant. Specify the auto attendant, probably AA1, and then press 6 to create it without a physical phone. Then from the mailboxes, either instruct the caller to dial *850 to return to the auto attendant, or change the Personal Operator to extension 50.

If you are connected to the Partner Messaging via the LAN port, you can change the Personal Operators for the mailboxes for them, without having to log into each mailbox.

Yes, I have everyone in call group 71 so I just tried to *8 out of VM and then just dialed 71 and it rang all of our phones which will work out perfectly. Sweet!!! I guess I'll approach this way? It works....

AA zero timeout

Creating an extension that is assigned to the Auto Attendant

1 I777 (vm access)
2 0#
3 Password #
4 9
5 2
6 57#
7 3 assigned to AA 1

Change zero/timeout in AA to go to extension 57.
And/Or
Change zero/timeout for each mailbox to go to extension 57.

Sorry, Tommy already had it. I didn't refresh my page before I posted.

No worries, You guys know lots of tricks. lol. I am just going to have them bounce out a dial ext 71. Otherwise I'll probably drive you guys nuts trying to help me program all that stuff.

I really appreciate all the help!!! Thank you!

Is there anyway to do this if you have a PCVM 3.0 large voice mail system in the Partner ACS ??

You would have to loop an extension to a CO port, remove all line appearances from the extension, and make the CO be answered immediatly by the auto attendant. The caller would need to dial *8-Extension Number-# to transfer to the extension. One call at a time, and if the caller transfers to a different extension, it will ring to that extension's intercom button.

Not elegant, but it works.

Sorry, that was to get back to the Auto Attendant, if you just wanted callers to jump out of a mailbox and ring all the extensions, put all of your extensions into a calling group, and instruct the caller to dial *8-71-# (for calling group 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back