Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

get all postal code (zip code) by city

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal21

Programmer
Apr 26, 2004
IT
how to get, all Zip code, based a city name in Italy?

For example:

Roma
list all zip code of this city.

The question currently stands as "Can I use Bing to get a list of all teh zip codes in a geographical area in Italy, such as Rome"; sapamjim, you'll neeed to look at some of sal21's previous posyts on related topics in this forum tom see how we got here ...

The answer right now from em is

1) The Bing Maps API does not directly provide a call that returns this info
2) This is n ot, as I have previously tried to point out, a VB6 question. It is a BNING Rest API question

And in fact I rather suspect you would need to look at the Bing Map web control for this - probably by first getting a polygon bordere for the city, and then passing that polygon to get location data. But that's just a guiess.

strongm, I would have expected as much from recent posts. However, most every postal service offers a table of this data that could be included within a VB program, without the need of any remote call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back