Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gentran useing two translation objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempstf

Programmer
Feb 18, 2004
CA
I am useing Gentran and I made a 2 maps, 1 export map and one print map.
Setting up my partner I picked both translation objects, but only uses the export map and never uses the print map.. is it possible to have gentran do both, is there a setting.. any help would be appricated!

Yes, but you can only do one or the other. When you receive your inbound files, click on your new "green" document, click view, then print. If you have installed the correct template, your document should print okay. Note that your green documents will disappear after printing - same behavior as when you export the file.

Ok.. There is no way to be able to print and export.. or to set it up so the files only clear when exported (allowing you to print then export). I need to find a solution to this, that allows me to export and print!

The document still exists in Gentran, it is just moved to the In Drawer. You can print or export from here as well.
Not a perfect solution as you have to do each function seperately, but it should work.

Just to update on what I found.. When printing you have the option of sending the files to the Inbox or not. Allowing you to export them after you print them.

tempstf: We are using GentranServer for Windows 3.2. We have the option in our ProcessControl (click on the clock behind the Gentran Desk) to put commands in a "Session" to print and then to export, or vice versa. For each of these, the option is listed
1) to move to the InDrawer or
2)not to move to the InDrawer.

So, to print and then export, create a Session that uses the GDW_Print command, choosing NOT to move to InDrawer. For the second step in the Session, use the GDW_Export function, choosing TO MOVE to the InDrawer.

Once this Session is set up, create an Event that uses the Session. Then, you can schedule that Event to run periodically, or you can run it manually.

Be careful with the timing of your setups, though... because if you are not careful, then a document could be translated while the first step is running, and therefore not print; but would then export when the second step of the Session ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back