Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gentran on NT migration from 3.x to 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDIguy01

Programmer
Feb 4, 2003
US
I would like some feed back from anyone who has migrated from Genrtran on NT 3.x to 4.0.
-What type of issues did you run into?
-Did your maps run OK?
-Any problems with Process Control in 4.0?
-Are you using any of the new functionality of 4.0?

Thank you.

We upgraded our test server from 3.2 to 4.0. We are still in the testing phase, but so far, we have not ran into any problems, either with the maps for with the forms. Will keep you updated on our progress.

We upgraded last fall and had no problems for about a week, then started getting TX32 errors and losing messages we were pulling from a file system gateway. It took a while to figure out as it was not predictable --> when I turned on the trace as requested by Sterling, the behavior changed! The finally traced it to an out-of-bounds array index and sent me a patch. Things have been OK since then. I hope you guys have the patch....

The maps translated and ran fine. We're not doing anything more with 4.0 than we were on 3.1, which makes me wonder why we switched so quickly in the first place. Now where did that consultant go.... : )

Good luck.

I am a consultant and have done several upgrades from 3.x to 4.0 and basically there no major issues with 4.0. Very few situations on some complex extended rules, translator has failed but then patch is only provided by Support if you encounter that situation. Patch is not given out to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back