Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GENTRAN Interchange Build - urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2Bi

MIS
Apr 17, 2003
US
Hello...I need help in creating the envelopes in GENTRAN. I have an urgent delivery and am not able to proceed.

I am able to create/register the system import map, import map, trading partner to generate the edi document but this doesn't creates the envelope(ISA/GS/ST)

I tried creating an Interchange Build Map using the wizard and created a record/field on each side of the map(application/edi), indicating the record identification and registered it but I get a blank document after this. Need to know what are the steps for this. What is the crucial something that I am missing.....

I am a newbie to GENTRAN and have managed to do this based on documentation. Would appreciate if you could provide me with pointers to documentation(downloadable from Sterling's site) or could provide me with instructions on the items that I need to do for creating the enveloping.

As mentioned earlier, this is an high priority task for me so would appreciate if you could provide me your contact details too at khan35@indiatimes.com and I would call for a quick telephonic resolution.

Thanks in advance....awaiting a quick reply,
B2Bi

I'm running an older version of Gentran and in my version the envelope is created automatically from information entered in the partner editor outbound relationship screens.

Gentran includes the Interchange, Group, and Transaction enveloping build maps with the Gentran Installation. You select the build maps to use when creating the outbound partner relationship. When you stat a Send Receive communications session your document will be enveloped at that time and you will be able view the enveloping in the interchange browser.

pbjmam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back