Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gentran for NT migration from 2.1.1 to 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohninAndover

Programmer
Oct 1, 2002
US
I am leading a project to migrate and upgrade Gentran Server for Windows NT from version 2.1.1 with a Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 database to a new machine running Windows 2000 with Gentran version 3.2 SP1 and Oracle 8.1.7. I am not totally familiar with the Gentran application but I do have a strong background in SQL Server and Oracle. I know the database contains pointers to external files and I'm sure the database structure has changed from 2.1.1 to 3.2. Does anyone have experience doing this? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi
here i am also facing same problem, regarding upgradation. Can any send me an email - suggestion/recommendation. My email id is srikar142000@yahoo.com.
Thanks in advance
srikar

I have done an upgrade from 2.1 to 3.2 using SQL as the database. If you're going to start using Gentran on a new machine, what I would recomend is to first do a fresh install of Gentran using the 2.1 version on the W2K machine. Then copy the database from the old machine to the new machine. Then do the upgrade from 2.1 to 3.2. Once this is complete, all you have to do is copy the maps or forms from the old computer to the new one. Once you start-up Gentran, then go into the Application Integration or Forms Integrator, complile the maps/forms, and then re-register the Translation Objects.

This should pretty much cover what you need. All that would be left is to recreate the Mailbox and rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back