Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generic SIP User and NuPoint Voicemail - No DTMF recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarond

Technical User
Mar 30, 2010
AU
I have a system that is using NuPoint for Voicemail.

My issue is that when I call the voicemail system from a SIP extension I can't enter my passcode or anything for that matter. The DTMF does not get recognised. I can call embedded voicemail from the same extension and dtmf is fine. All other types of extensions work i.e. IP Sets, analogue via AMB and ASUII.

The other thing to note is that when I call the voicemail from a SIP extension via trunks i.e. DID to the voicemail system then DTMF works, I can enter my passcode and navigate the system.

I have tried all the DTMF Methods allowed: Inband | AVT | Info | Auto | Inband+Info | AVT+Info.

SIP device is a Linksys SPA3102.
System: MXe MCD4.1 / MAS2.2 with NPM 14.1

Any help is appreciated.

Have you set the media services in offline config to variable rate packets? Also make sure you are using rfc2833 for DTMF

Media Service is Fixed Packet Rate, should it be variable?

HI,

I have the same problem, when external the passcode is ok as the calls goes via the teleworker server but when internal on the LAN the passcode fails for nupoint.

Did you get it resolved?

No I never got this resolved

Sorry if this is covering basics but the ip address range of the SIP phones is in the Local Addresses on the nupoint?.
The only other time I have seen similar to what you describe it was to do with the sip headers and an SBC was needed to resolve it, I Think it was because the SIP extensions were on a different site, I wasnt involved in the job first hand so have no real knowledge of exactly what this was but if it puts you on the right track...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back