Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generic icon instead office icon for office files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elibenhamo

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
CH
Hi

On one of my p.c i see Generic icon instead office icon for office files

i use W2K SP3 and office 2000

Thaks
Eli

What's the extension of the file?

You can always right-click on the file, got to Open or Open With, and make sure it's associated with your Office product. Jennifer Sigman
Unemployed again

thanks Jennifer

The files are associated with the right softwre i can open the office files but the icon of the files are Generic icon of windows insted of office icons

it look like a dll problem

Eli

You can change the icon by opening to My Comp, In the tool bar above pick Tools, then Folder Options. Then select the tab that says File types. Find the file type you want to change the icon for (for example Doc). Once you highlight the file type to change, click the advanced button near the bottom of the window. One of the options is change icon. Change it, apply it, and your done :).

Thaks Wirdo it works O.K. with your way,Meanwhile i found another solotion i installed Office again and it fixed the problem

Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back