Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GENERIC HOST PROBLEM ON XP-HELP!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingyar

Programmer
Nov 3, 2001
US
Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded a machine from Win 98 to Win XP Home. The installation went through fine. However, after the installation was done I started getting an error message when connected to the internet. The message read something like "Generic Host Problem...your system will be shut down.." the it gave me a minute before shutting down. I tried it several times and got the same result. Any ideas on what this means and how to fix it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Read this link completely. thread779-627674

Let's all go back to WFWG 3.11 and DOS since most of the worms and viruses like 32bit NT'ish systems.

[hourglass]

Haha, just kidding!

Regards...

Dos 6.22 woot

-----
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to sit there with a dumb look on your face.
I have fun. Usualy at my own expense, but I have fun regardless

bcastner,
I tried what you said and I think it worked fine. I found the files on my processes and registry and removed them. I didn't get the problem again once I followed your suggestions. Hopefully everything will remain working fine.

Thanks a lot!!!!

You are welcome. And certainly had a lot of company for this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back