Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating CDR's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgj

MIS
Nov 19, 2002
US
To generate CDR's on the Definity G3V8, do you need to have special hardware/software?

To "generate" CDR you only need to change some software settings. To capture that CDR information, you will need some hardware like a pollcat (old I know), an Omnitronix box ( or a stand alone PC.

FAQ for setting up a stand-alone PC:

I hope this points you in the right direction.

manfmmd

You can't send it to a printer?

If you search for call logger and follow the trail everything is in here, to collect the data from your switch CDR port.
I have just done this and found some very helpful pointers and people and i am well on the way to creating a SQL based logger collecting from multiple definity's via IP

Hi Mole

I would be very interested in how to set this up with an SQL sever over ip if you get this working i wouldn't mind the instructions for this.

Thanks

Yes, you can send it to a printer.

Thanks everyone for you help!!

The FAQ mentioned above worked perfectly; my logging system is Linux, so I'm modifying a copy of a startup shell script to daemonize NetCat and figure out how to rotate the captured data just like system logs.

If I want to use a stand-alone pc to view the call data, do I need a serial cable? Is it a serial connector on both ends? Where do I plug it from the PBX? I have G3V9.

newbietelecom,

it depends on your switch model and version. if you have software older than r9.5 the only option available to you is to use serial port. on r9.5+ you can install (or use available) c-lan board and administer cdr collection through it. using serial port is different for csi, si and r models.
on the csi there is a processor cable with different connectors, one of them is 25-pin marked "dce" and is what you need. just connect it with straight (not null) modem cable to your pc serial port and run any terminal emulator program on this port -- if you have cdr administered on the switch you should be able to see cdr output.
on the si model there is a 25-pin connector marked "dce" on the back of processor cabinet.
on the r model there is no dedicated cdr port, you should use data module -- for example, 8400 or 7400 or z3a1/z3a2/z3a3 if you have tn553 circuit pack.

dwalin - I do see a C-LAN card installed in the Processor Cabinet. How do I tell if my system is csi, si or r model? Is there a command in ASA to show software version?

It looks like I have G3R since there's a poster on the side of the cabinet saying How to replace boards on a G3r system. Also couldn't find anything labeled DCE. So my only option is to use a data module to TN553? How do I get started with this?

newbietelecom,

you can see your model and software release using 'list conf soft' command. please post its output here.

newbietelecom,

if your system indeed is g3r, you have two options: either use data module or c-lan circuit pack. data module can be used with any software, c-lan with r9.5+.

CHANC: list configuration software-versions (page 1) 06/16/2005 2:56:51 PM
SOFTWARE VERSIONS
SPE_A SPE_B
UPDATE FILE
Creation (GMT) R-Media: none
(GMT) Disk: none
Old Version R-Media: none
Disk: none
Old Identifier R-Media: none
New Identifier R-Media: none
SOFTWARE VERSION
Memory Resident: R009r.05.0.122.2
R-Media Resident: R009r.05.0.122.2
R-Media Second Copy: good
Disk Resident: R009r.05.0.122.2
Disk Second Copy: good
Update Identifier: none
Update State: none in memory

I want to use the easiest setup method with netcat software or hyperterminal. Can you tell the version info from above?

You have R9.5 and a clan so you should be good to go for CDR via IP. Just follow the FAQ.

-CL

I went in and followed the faq. At Change IP-SERVICES, it says "CDRtest" Node must be defined as a valid ethernet link on a CLAN. I named it CDRtest in CHANGE NODE-NAMES IP. What must I do to define it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back