Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating a print file

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalnut

MIS
Apr 15, 1999
US
Visit site
Hi,<br>
I want to redirect the output to a printer to a file. I know how to do it in Windows, but not in LINUX. I have a CAD station running on Linux and it generates a text report which can either be printed or seen on the screen. I want to save it to a text file. <br>
The steps i take to see the report are : after loading the CAD package, i run &quot;view statistics&quot; which further lets me select the CAD files after which i can select either printer or screen. On screen it displays a windows with four columns in text with the stats. The only option available are close, minimize and maximize.<br>
Any help would be appreciated.<br>

See if you can't use your prttool to create a &quot;virtual&quot; printer that just points to a disk file; it seems like that could pretty well accomplish what youre wanting. <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back