Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generates graph in Excel with Fox 2.6 tables??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Anybody can help me, i doing a modification to a system in fox pro for windows 2.6,and the problem right now, is that i need to make a graph, I'd been trying links OLE objects with excel 2000, but I can't establish a relation between the table and the object.

If anybody can help me , I will appreciate a lot.

While there may be a kludge around it, the basic problem is the FPW only knows about 16-bit OLE object interfaces, and Excel 2000 only has a 32-bit OLE interface (now more properly called a COM interface). You may need to resort to Office 4.3, or upgrade to VFP. The other possibility is to find a 3rd party graphing product that works with FPW in a 32-bit OS environment.

Rick

Hi Cesar,

An alternative approach is to setup an ODBC connection to a special DBF file you write the necessary data to and then close from Fox, and then have Excel connect to that DBF, update the contents of its own cells and redraw the graph.

Just a thought,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time." (De Rochefoucald)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back