Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generate XML Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphwiggum

Programmer
Apr 28, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to use SQL server to generate XML files? I'm familiar with the xml functionality in SQL server such as OPENXML, XML through http, etc but I haven't found a way to simply generate an XML document. I'd like to be able to import XML documents in as well but I'll save that for later. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks for response, I've played with the FOR XML before and that is what got me thinking in the first place about this ;>. I want to be able to take what the FOR XML gives me in QA and have it save to an external XML file. Ideally this would be executed by a trigger on a table or possibly using a scheduled job. I know I could use an ActiveX script or vb to do it but I was hoping there was a purely SQL way of doing it. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back