Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GENERATE KEYCODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

badro25dz

Technical User
Jul 10, 2007
DZ
I HAVE PROBLEME WHEN I TRY TO GENERATE A KEYCODE. THE SYSTEM ID IS FOR BCM 400 VERSION 3.7 BUT THE DATA BASE OF KRS2 DISPLAY THAT IT'S FOR 4.0. HOW TO GENERATE THE APPROPRIATE KEYCODES?

Has the system been upgraded from 3.7 to version 4?

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Is the code your trying to generate for a 3.7 or is it only for a 4.0 system?

If the system ID entered had a keycode for an upgrade entered the KRS has changed the ID to be a 4.0 even if you have not upgraded it yet.

Badro,

I have the same problem for my BCM, do you find a solution for that ?

Thanks

If the keycode is for a 4.0 system and you have a lower software level then you have to upgrade to 4.0 before the KRS will reconize the system id working with that code.

All my BCM were buy in 3.7 , but we don't install them directly, now we have to generete Keycodes in 3.7 but when we enter the auth code we have 4.0 keycodes.

Your going to have to go to your Vendor and have them contact Nortel and to get this changed.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

hi, thanks for your answers,

i haven't find a solution
i am waiting for a response from the nortel support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back