Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

generate excel spreadsheet from app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaijanm

Programmer
May 14, 2003
US
Hi. I'm not sure where to post this so if I shouldn't post it here, can you point me in the right direction?

I'm creating an Intranet app that is to replace our access front end to our db.

I need to give the user some edits, but I'd like them to be in a spreadsheet so their easy to manipulate. These would basically pull data from the db based on certain criteria. I can handle the db part of it and getting it to ASP.Net, but what do I do with it then? Or is there some much better way to handle this?

Thanks!
Kimberly

Kimbery,
do your self a favour and dont attempt to use Excel over an interanet where multiple users can update same data. Excel was never designed to be used as a multiuser server component, its threading model is geared toward a single-user desktop application

good luck

The solution is simple, the problem is complex.

I think I didn't explain myself well. I don't want users to be able to update the database through an excel spreadsheet. Basically, instead of giving the users a report to print out, I was thinking it would be nice if they could have a spreadsheet of the data so that it's easier to store and share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back