Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generate Data to a Script 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFREE

Programmer
Jun 29, 2005
US
Currently I have a QA database and want to update 8 records in one of the tables. I have it updated in my dev environment and created a stored procedure to see new 8 new records. I was looking for a SQL function that could generate this output of this stored procedure as an sql script so I could easily run it in my QA environment and it update the necessary table.

It sounds so easy I guess if you know what you are doing. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

how did you update it in your QA environment
Script it out in QA run the script if everything is fine run it on the production box

Also take a look at red-gate sql compare, this tool will gernerate scrips and do a one click synchronization for you
free trial -s here (

Denis The SQL Menace
SQL blog:
Personal Blog:

Ok I will look into this, but is there any built in SQL function to generate a script from data output by a stored procedure? The problem is I don’t want to sync the two databases because one has old data. I need to just update these specific records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back