Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generate CSR for Avaya SE Select - MMC / OpenSSL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

I am having a bit of an issue generating a SSL Certificate for our client using IX Workplace on SE Select (R11.1) in a hosted VM Ware Cloud (no SBC).

I have eveything working (Including IX Workplace APN's) with the certificate I created via Web Manager:

2024-03-15_11-44-53_hzhvct.jpg

What all is needed on a public CSR for this to work as far as using a trusted public CA. Does that need all of the same info as above?

We are trying to use the noip.com CSR and I am getting errors when trying to use the same format as the Avaya Certificate I Created.

Below is the format I used with openSSL

2024-03-15_11-49-06_cpjkfr.jpg

Ran the following commands:
2024-03-15_11-53-28_fgctzl.jpg

And I am getting this error from noip:
2024-03-15_11-54-32_jruz62.jpg

Some pointers would be greatly appreciated.

ACSS / ACIS

I got this figured out, however too much to post the solution here. If anyone needs help with this in the future, feel free to send me a message.

ACSS / ACIS

Hi, dsm600rr, have a star .
You indicated that you have a solution.
Where can a message be sent to you?

Well since this is still fresh, where are you stuck?

ACSS / ACIS

Hi, dsm600rr's you indicated above that there is to much to post.
Can I you provide you with my contact and you can post it all there?
Would love to have a look.

What I meant is the whole process would be a bit much to post, have you started the process and are stuck somewhere?

Basically my hangup was the intermediates that Avaya indicates on the scrips on their documentation. With the chain, they are included, so just modify the script a bit.

If you download the .pem chain and merge that with the key, that works (with a no-ip SSL).

openssl pkcs12 -export -in your_fqdn.pem -inkey your_fqdn.key -out your_fqdn.p12

ACSS / ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back