Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

generate comment blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrobert

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2003
US
Does anybody know of a macro or what not to generate comment blocks for functions w/in Visaul C++ .net? I have seen marcos like this for linux w/in emacs and gvim. Any ideas would be great.

On your menu, goto Tools->Macros->Macros Explorer. This should open up the macros window for you. Expand the 'Samples' item,then the item labeled 'DevStudio6Editor', and you should see one called 'AddFunctionDescription'. For this to work, you must have the whole function header selected. For example, "void CMyClass::DoStuff(int nNumber)". Then run it. I have this mapped to a shortcut key so that once I have the function header selected, I can just click Shift+Alt+F and it executes it for me. There's a bunch of good sample macros in there, and you can edit them yourself and save them according to your needs.

BlackDice

exactly what i was looking for, thanks.

That's pretty cool, I just tried it out. I never knew it had something like that. Too bad the comment block it creates looks like crap though. ;)
Is there a macro that creates Doxygen style comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back