Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General voice box for TVP50 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogolf

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
CA
Hi !

It's my first time here and my native language is not english so please excuse me in advance.

Here is my problem : I'm managing a small business and we are using the TVP50 phone system from Panasonic. We bought this system more than 3 years ago. Our retailler seems to "have left the country" and need to change our general voice box message. It might be very simple but since we only have the information booklet for each phone, we can't figure out how to program the welcoming message.

I appreciate your inputs and would that any advice as a marvellous Christmas gilft...

Thanks a million !

dogolf

what mailbox number are you using for general delivery?
if you are using the stock mailbox it the OGM can not be changed.

Is the message managers mailbox 998 (default)
if so dial the voice mail number and dial #6 then *998 follow the voice prompts to change greetings

he is saying how to change "welcome to the general delivery
mailbox" OGM

Thanks for your replies. We are using 165 as the general acces number. The main mail box is 999.

I've tried what you said but I still can't get to the main mailbox in order to change its welcome message.

Thanks again for your help...

dogolf

Is the welcome message a custom message or the default wording

If you are still at default programming the system managers mailbox will be 999 but the message managers mailbox(where you can change the recording of the greetings) will be 998
so dial 165 then while the VM is talking dial #6 then dial *998 and listen to the prompts choose 5( change greetings?)
and listen to the next prompts they are easy to understand and will take you through the process

he is talking about the "welcome to the general delivery
mailbox ..... Outgoing message he wants to change it!!in othe words box 999's OGM.not the custom dialing menu!!!

Thank you cwc3 and Trotski. My problem is now solved.

You're the best [thumbsup2] !!!

dogolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back