Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy993x19

Technical User
Jul 9, 2004
US
I manage a small call center and have become, in the last 90 days, our default phone tech. We are shopping for a new system. Our IT manager wants to go with the Cisco solution for political reasons(the person that got him this job sells the Cisco solution) I am unimpressed by the Cisco rep. They have never asked me what I wanted, or come and even look at what we do. I'm leaning toward the Nortel solution because they have taken a very active interest in what we do. The reality is either system will do what I need. My questions to you are, how happy are you with the Nortel solution? How has support been? Would you do it again? Thanks

My comment is that for network systems I will go to Cisco. For phone systems I will go to Nortel.

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

I meet with the Cisco guy in an hour...why do you prefer the Nortel phone system, or dislike the Cisco solution?

Thanks

Evaluate your access/support through for Nortel. Ours is lousy, therefore Symposium problem support is lousy; it takes some heavy fist pounding to get a knowledgeable Nortel rep who doesn't tell me to just reinstall. Nortel might be good at phone stuff, but they stink at software support, imo.

As far as Cisco and Nortel goes for call centers its all about what you can report on... last time I checked Cisco's reporting tool wasn't able to report as well as Symposium. Unfortunately, in most call center environments its not only what you can do but what you can report on...

The Symposium standard reports are fairly worthless but the database behind them stores everything you need to design the proper SQL queries to pull specific information.

I'm supporting call centers build on Nortels (SCCS) as well as on Cisco. To be true Nortel SCCS seems to be more stable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back