Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General query regarding Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexMidd

Programmer
May 14, 2001
NL
I am new to Crystal Reports. I am experienced with VB, VBA and MS Access and have programmed many Access databases. In these I use the Access reports to print out certificates etc.

I am now in the process of writing a front end for my databases but I am having a lot of problems with Crystal Reports. It is nowhere near as easy as Access reports and I am having major problems just designing a custom report like I can do very easily in Access. Are there any general FAQ's or Guides on this forum that give a straight-forward intro to beginners on how to design reports and incorporate them into a VB application? I have searched with no luck.

Also, when I am asked for data to show in the report, I select my database but, as it is passowrd protected, it asks me for a password. Fair enough but it doesn't recognise the password and says "Database type not recognised". It works OK with non-password protected databases. Any ideas?
Alex Middleton

By your post, am I correct to assume that you are using the ActiveX control?

Nope. I haven't got that far. I am having trouble just designing a report and I also have no idea how to get them into my program, although I presume an ActiveX control is the way to do it. That's why I am looking for some kind if basic guide to doing this. I have tried an article on the internet that is mentioned in this forum, but the server was down, so I will try again later. Alex Middleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back