Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Protection Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTimothy

Technical User
Apr 19, 2000
US
I have Paradox 9 running on windows 2000. When I open a specific database to run a crosstab, as soon as I click on a field to start this process I get a GPV. This does not happen for any other database. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

Sounds like you may have a corrupt table, run tutility to check it.

Perrin

As an addendum to my original post I can run this database on a windows 98 machine and I have no problem with doing a crosstab.

JTim:

Take a look at the thread titled "Running Paradox on Windows NT." It's on page 2 if you are set up for a twenty threads per page. It also has quite a few replys.

JTimothy,

I've seen GPV's occur for a number of reasons, including:

-- invalid stylesheets (-- saving forms with active filters (-- incorrect application compatibility (
and so on.

Do you get any more details when you receive the GPV? It would help to know the name of the module where the error occurs.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

As a followup I get two Runtime error 216 messages at 00002e28 and 00071F4C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back