Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuxedopenguin

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
ZA
Happy New year to all,

I have been appointed as the Administrator of the MD110 unit for our business. Being totally unfamiliar with this unit I have hit a few snags.

<History>
One of our jnr techs reloaded the server and messed everything up, hence my appointment

The first thing I am having trouble with is finding out where to locate trial licenses.
purpose: to setup a brand new server and prepare it to replace the existing unit.

I also need a bit of help using the dbcp tool, where did put the backed files?

Last one for now, Where or how do I establish the location of the telephone records data which is supposed to be reported on by ppm?

I would realy appreciate some help,
regards

It sounds primitive and trivial but, imho, all you want you can get from your local Ericsson representative. At least consulting.

hirei is right. but first you seem to not be talking about MD110 but DNA, so which version of DNA? versions with trial licensing, the trial license is automatically install when DNA is install, you do not load trial license. if older DNA you need license tool which you do not have unless E/// partner, even if you have license itself.

what do you mean reloaded the server? are you replace, reinstall?

ppm records in sql.

best parnum

I see what you mean, the server is is an especially old peace of P2 hardware, and as a result of certain near death experiences for it, it has been formatted and redone accordingly overtime.

I have no idea how the previous chaps did this, what I do know is that I now have a new P4 machine which I would like to use as a replacement.

I am using DNA 5.1 SP1. I run Extension Manager, User Configuration, MD110 Support and DNA Server Configuration.

I am however particularly stuck with this machine as it seems to be constantly corrupting data. Today for example we ran a full synchronization using the MD110 Support program. Now all of our Analog Extensions are Free Voice Extensions?

If you try and initiate the extension, you get an error stating that it is already assigned.

It is really not going well on this side.

then you have some issues. to reinstall DNA5.1 you need to have license application which is not on the server and was only for Ericsson at that time, and after that Ericsson partner only. And you need install disc. Do you have discs or are install files on server? also you need service pack 1. You will be on old SQL version too.

Depend on what software MD110 at (log in at TTY in MDSupport and do CADAP;), you need to think about ordering and installing a new version of DNA and SQL.

It seems like you will not be able to do anything with this without going to an ericsson partner to get the discs and license tool and service pack to install.

if you let people know what country you are in maybe some people here can help you with suggestions for where to go.

best parnum

Thanks for the response,

I have the install files on the server, The version on the server is DNA 5.1 SP1.
We are only using EMG and MD110 Support with the default progs like user manager etc..

Our server is setup with the Desktop version of SQL included on the DNA 5.1 Media.

To throw a spanner in the engine I also have a another problem, we can connect via NIU because there seems to be a problem with it and as a result I can only connect remotely.

My local rep will take a month to come, this is South Africa and in South Africa Ericsson has no Offices fo PABX. There are two companies that do support and supply Ericsson, the one that we bought from initially, we had to sue because they never licensed our server properly, they provided trial licenses and compulsory 1 YR maintenance contract.
@ the end of each month they simply renewed the trial licenses. When the contract expired and we did not renew due to their sudden unjustified price increase... well things got nasty.

The other crowd that supports and supplies the MD110 have the nostrils in the clouds and deem us not that important to pay us a visit. Irrespective of whether or not we are prepared to pay for their services. The general emphasis I get is that unless we do spend a million for a new system they are not interested in us.

Thats why I was hoping the list members here could be of assistance.

if you can connect remotely to MD via NIU/IPU use this connection for DNA if this ism what you mean(set in MDSupport) and you can run sync. If you have install media there is technical guide with details. sounds like a bad situation for you. you still have problem of licensing system to make it run i think? you must set user rights for MDSupport and run sync for it to work though even if license is ok, so you must connect DNA to port on card you are using for remote if you can. EMG will not run without sync as no data in MSDE.

best parnum.

Sorry there is a typo about, we can't connect usiing the NIU, We are dialing in via remote connection.

I am also not familiar with the IPU and don't really knwo how to set it up using the modem!?

so you are dialling into md110 and logging on with SSSSSSSSS; is that correct?

so you have cable from modem/tracker to IPU card I guess. connect this cable to DNA server serial port and set up MDSupport and it will log on, it is same cable as for V24 on server.

best parnum

Nope, (I am not sure I understand you) heres what we have: we have a modem on the server and another connected to the IPU and we remote over the extentions to connect....? :(

can you post here

CADAP;
IODDP;
LIDAP;

from Md110 (do not worry if LIDAP is command unknown)

How do I get the TTY output in a text file? I don't seem to be able to find it in the latest log files!

i forget all names but there is daily log for command, daily log for feedback, then tty log where your tty command are. i am getting confused as i just realise i have been replying to you on 2 posts at same time her tonight. what is outstanding problem? you have dna server-md110 connection as you have run full sync and got extensions back. so what is still not good here? emg is working ok now yes?

best parnum

The Log has only logged the commands as I typed them, none of the output has been recorded.
I will play around a bit and get back to you on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back