Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Delivery MBox Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianrodriguez

Technical User
Dec 3, 2005
US
Hi,

nortel mics 6.1
Voice Mail Version: 30.00.75.22

We have setup two "companies" on the same telephone system.
There are two messages, one for each company.
When we split the system, the general delivery system command stopped working. When the message picks up, we can no longer push the * key to leave a message in the general delivery mailbox.

Instead we get a "please enter the mailbox number"

Any ideas on how we get it to work again?

Thanks,

Adrian

we can no longer push the * key to leave a message in the general delivery mailbox."
????
What kind of voicemail are you using? If it's a Call Pilot or Flash the * key when pressed when auto attendant answers, will give you the prompt to enter a mailbox number...normal operation.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Before we "split" the phone system callers pushed "*" and got to the general delivery mailbox automatically. No need to enter the mailbox number.
Seeing that that is not the norm, I can change the message
and ask callers to push an extension.

Best,

Adrian

if you are talking about Nortel voice mail, I agree with byrontel, in that I think you are mistaken about how it used to work. (* would not get you to the gen deliv with Nortel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back