Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

general delivery mbox not answering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdueye

Vendor
Jun 4, 2015
US
We have a CCR tree set up with prompts giving extensions that point to various mailboxes within the office. However, if no extension is entered, it just continues to ring and the general mailbox does not pick up automatically. It used to do so. We had a tech out to change some other voice mails and I'm guessing that a setting got changed. Easy fix to save us $100?

Thanks in advance.

You need to find out what extension it rings to and then go into programming and program that extension to CALL FORWARD NO ANSWER to the VM extension.

What you are saying does not makes absolutely no sense.....to me lol

"giving extensions that point to various mailboxes within the office"

In CCR you can point a path to transfer to a DN or tell it to leave message in a mailbox.....which is it?
I would presume you would mean they point to extensions and not mailboxes.

"However, if no extension is entered, it just continues to ring and the general mailbox does not pick up automatically."
You cannot enter an ext when the call is ringing.

For AA go to Table/Lines and tell each line to go to AA and select the ring count.

If you are saying people get AA but they sit there and not make a choice and you want it to time out to reception then go to AA/Table/ADNT and make sure the reception DN is there.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Go to the greeting table and set the Attendant to the phone that has the GM or Gen Mb 100.

Alright, so we don't quite know how to do all the programming that everyone is suggesting. I think what we need to do is the "call forward no answer" thing. Hawks... I know the extension, but could you give us some more details on how to go into programming and program it to CFNA? I've read through a ton of manuals and the closest I can get is some short codes, which I can't figure out how to enter. I can enter feature codes, but how do you enter short codes? Is there an easier way? It used to work!! Thanks so much!

whatever the attendant phone is your using dose not have Forward No Answer tuned on.
Your saying you when someone calls in they get AA and if they do not select anything the call goes to a phone but it just rings and rings correct?

Correct. This is the general voicemail box; a patient can choose to leave a message here, or they are automatically routed here if they select no voicemail box to leave a message in. It used to ring the default 4 times and allow them to leave a message. Unfortunately, there seems to be no limit on the number of rings now and the voicemail does not kick in.

Go into programming
Show your set
Capabilities>forward no answer

I'm sorry, I understand this may not be the best forum for people who don't understand the basics, but I can't follow those directions. Is this something I am to do on the actual phone or is there a software program I need to be using? How do I access programming? I found these more detailed instructions:

Enable Forward No Answer To VM
First:
Feature 985 Write down number that displays.
Then:
Feature **xxxxxx
Log: (Password) xxxxxx
System Displays Terminals & Sets
Press the SHOW.
System Displays Show Set:
Enter the Ext.
System Displays (Name) Ext#
Press SHOW.
System Displays Line Access
Press NEXT 1 time.
System Displays Capabilities
Press SHOW then Next
System Displays Fwd on Busy
Press SHOW.
System Displays Fwd to: ?? (Ext)
Press Change.
Enter the voicemail extension we checked in the first step.
Hit Release to end.

I can get to "show terminals and sets" but then it states to press the SHOW... what's SHOW?! No buttons I'm pushing are having any response at all. I feel like I can follow the directions if I could only know what SHOW is!?!

You cannot train people how to program in a forum, you need to hire a tech or CSR and request admin training for an hour or 2 (depending on the colour of your hair) or you can read the manual for your system type and software level called the System Coordinator Guide.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

curlycord, I was waiting for a response like that but I didn't expect the extra fun you threw in about hair color! Thanks for spicing it up. This issue began after a hired professional worked on this system. Since there are kind, friendly people on forums (which I do believe are the appropriate places to pose and answer questions of any degree of difficulty) who are willing and able to help, I see this as a logical next step. Inexperienced as I am, perhaps there is some sort of "internet law" against entry-level/blonde questions, in which case I do apologize.

Hawks: thank you for providing me with precisely the information I needed. Your help is greatly appreciated and has saved us time and money. With your patient assistance and the intelligence bestowed upon me by my brunette hair, I have solved our issue. Huzzah!!

Have a great day everyone!

Auto Attendant * option

I guess my alzheimer has set in early this month. Call Pilot 100 AA answers lines 24/7 no ccr. # option works for directory. * option goes back and ask person to enter mailbox extension. Tried 982 parameters, did not seem to make a diff. Thought I had Table attd set to 1000. Where did I make an error. cannot find it.

tks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back