Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Delivery Mailbox 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealKMK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2009
US
I have a Nortel CallPilot voice mail system attached to my Nortel CICS. I have set up the General Delivery Mailbox to go to one of our extensions in the office but now I can't initialize the personal mailbox on that extension. Is there a way to have two mailboxs on one extension?

You can't have two mailboxes assigned to one set. You can however have 2 (or more depending on CP s/w) sets display msg for you for one mailbox using the alt ext in the mailbox setup.

Some other ways...

If reception does not mind sharing then change the name of mailbox 100 from General Delivery to receptionist's name.

or

Create a Hunt Group say 737.
Add Member DN 221
Over Flow the HG to voice mails DN
Create Mailbox 737
Enter receptionsists name
Setup Off Prem Notify in mailbox 737 to call Internal X221.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I managed to change the Gen Del. Mb back to Ext28 where it was originally. I then added the personal MB to ext24. Unaswered calls go to ext28 by default. This is the way the system was set up originally. This may sound stupid but how do I call the MB on ext28 to check messages? There is no physical instrument attached to this DN. Thanks for your help.

I knew it had to be simple! :)
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back