Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

general delivery mailbox message retrieval 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpa1

Technical User
May 19, 2010
US
we have a norstar T7208 phone system. when a caller pushes zero, they are prompted that the operator is busy & to leave a message after the beep. our problem is we can't find the message or mailbox where it was delivered. we have a 2 digit system & have tried 100000, 110000, 120000 with no luck. we are getting the message the password is invalid. any suggestions?

try 10

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

we tried 10 , 11, and 12

On second thought your post is confusing, you cannot find the mailbox or do not know the password?

F983/MBOX/CHG/10/REST to reset the password to 0000

Now from any phone:
F981
OTHER
OK

Change your password.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

F980 enter 10 .....gives us the message mailbox is full, but no way to access the messages (i'm sure it's full because we have NEVER accessed any mesages)

F981 enter 10 ..... gives us incorrect password when we use 0000 as password

F983 gives us 3 options: QUIT RETRY OK
along with Log:
if we enter 10/OK it says invalid password

we can do a F985/9/73738767793/OK to reset password, but this seems to reset for mailbox 12(?)

fyi-we only have 3 mailboxes set up: 21, 22, 23 as far as we know (we have a small ofc). our phone set up guy went mia, so we're fishing right now.

you didn't read it correct curlycord said 100000 then OK

12 is not GD its your admin box, when you do F985/9 you are reseting 12

F983 gives me QUIT RETRY OK
and Log:

if i enter F983 and then 100000 and then OK, it says invalid password

I presses F983 then 120000 and then OK, it says invalid password

Just a thought. Is this a flash or Callpilot 100/150? If this is a BCM then F983 requests log: and you enter the BCM telset user name then ok then the password associated with that user name.

I don't know what flash or callpilot is.....it's a Nortel Norstar T7316E phone that I have been trying these options on. We also have a T7208 phone.
F983 does request "log:" and I entered 100000 or 120000 plus OK - both of which say invalid password

You need to know the type of phone system and voicemail system you have in order to access the programing. There are different processes for logging into different types of phone equipment. The telephone type is not the import information you need to know.

OK cpa1...

Lets try this again, since something is lost in translation.

F983 you see LOG:
Try inputting SETNNA (738662) then the OK
PSWD: put in the system password (we do not say passwords online, but it's most likely default)

You will now see - ADMIN MBOX AA OTHR
press MBOX
press CHNG
type in 10
Then Password is displayed with RESET, press the reset
Press the RLS button since you are done.

Now dial F981 (if this is not the reception phone press OTHR)
you should see LOG: type in 100000
you will get into the General_Delivery
It will now ask you for a new password.

OK- here is my dilemma...our phone installation guy is mia, so if there is a way to figure out the type of phone system we have, I don't know it. I only have a couple of user cards.
I tried F983, then input SETNNA (738662), then OK and I got invalid password. I could not proceed to the next step.

What password did you put in?
Can you write down Exactly what you see and what you are inputting?

entered:F983

see on display:
Log:
QUIT RETRY OK

entered:738662
entered: OK

see on display:
invalid password (flashes for a brief second)
Log:
QUIT RETRY OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back