Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gene Trouteaud passed away this morning. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending prayers and condolences to his family. He was always helpful.

You know what's interesting, is that I hadn't talked to Gene in awhile and last Sunday, before he passed away, I thought of giving him a call, as I traveled back from Northern Wisconsin down I-41 in Menominee Falls. I saw an Aurora Health vehicle and I remember Gene telling me all about Aurora going with Cisco and it made me think of him. I then was distracted by my fiance and driving, so I didn't call. Now I feel bad. Gene was so helpful. We could talk Nortel phones for hours! My prayers are with his family and all of you as well, who will miss him, like me.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

He will be missed!

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

RIP Gene!
This site has been a tremendous help to me.

A huge loss. Seemed like a great guy, and certainly an incredibly generous resource in the Nortel community.

Very sad news indeed - a great loss to us all. Thoughts and prayers to the family

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Does anyone remember the charity he supported. I believe it was a Catholic charity.

Here is his obituary notice - they may know the charity he supported.

Link

Very sad indeed, I've used many of his reference tools over the years while re-learning Nortel/Avaya. I bet he's off to make sure there's always dial tone in the clouds now. RIP.

Kevin Kennedy, President and CEO of Avaya sent an email to IAUG members informing him of his passing late on Friday. I told the IAUG International President I was appreciative of his note and kind thoughts to inform the IAUG members.

Thanks fop letting us know, he will be missed. I've had the privilege of working with him as Chapter Leaders for the Nortel user group of each of our states, back in the day. I was always amazed at his intelligence and willingness to share is knowledge and simplify it for those of us learning the technology. His site GHTrout was extremely helpful to me and my peers. RIP Gene

WOW (been away for 2 months) really sorry to hear this, always helpful & as been said such a depth in knowledge & helped me with some quirky issues over the years. Sad times for the Nortel family world wide.

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Guess someone up there needed their communication systems fixed....
Gene you have helped us one and all and we will miss you here on this earth plane....

Rest in Peace Gene,

As always, thank you for all your help and support. You will be missed by many !!

Rick

So sad to hear. I use his PDF file that was CK1K75 everyday. I hope the community keeps his website going. Lots of knowledge that should be saved. RIP Gene

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

RIP Gene

As some of you may have noticed ghtrout.com is down. I've had a backup mirror running since Gene's passing and hoped we wouldn't have to use it as part of the transition for his site but in case someone needs something from it in the mean time here's the link:

[link ghtrout.drewdickenson.com]ghtrout.drewdickenson.com[/url]

Yikes! I missed this announcement back in August. I got to speak with him on the phone on a few occasions. To say he was helpful is an understatement. I was glad to pay him for his consulting time, but don't think we ever needed more than 15 minutes to solve a problem. He often didn't charge me when he could have. His responses to my forum posts were always appreciated. A belated RIP, Gene.

R.I.P. my friend

TSB

Mato' Was'aka

He was one of the main reasons I hardly ever had to ask a question on here, most everything I needed he had and shared freely.

Such a loss Rest In Peace Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back