Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gene Trouteaud passed away this morning. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddickenson

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2009
US
I was notified this morning by our leadership at work that Gene Trouteaud, who many of you know here by GHTrout, passed away unexpectedly this morning. I have been lucky enough to have been working with Gene for the last several months but his work here as well as his own site has helped me out of numerous situations over the years before I was formally introduced to him.

I know Gene has helped many many people on this forum and others with his vast knowledge and willingness to take the time to help anyone with seemingly any problem.

I do not have any more details at this time, but I felt his extended Nortel family should know about this unexpected loss. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

thank you for letting us know. I would still be paying 200 bucks to have a name changed if it wasn't for his site and help. he was a good guy and will be missed.

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Thats too bad, he was very helpful. RIP GHTrout

Real shame , he has helped us all at one point , either directly or indirectly
RIP GHTrout

Very sad news. Gene went above and beyond to share his knowledge and help others.
Condolences to his family and friends.

That's very sad. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Sending prayers and condolences to his family.

I am very sad. Last night, I looked through our old emails between each other and he talked about his fun stuff like his girlfriend and his vacations. He also recorded me various buzz tone lengths in milliseconds to get the exact amount of time right for the buzz on the E-MetroTel solution. We discussed the ins and out of paging systems too. He was a great, friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable guy that I will miss a lot!

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

My thoughts and Prayers go out to Gene's family. This forum has helped me countless times and he desrves to be noticed for setting it up. Thanks Gene!!!!

Prayers for his family. This forum has helped me so many times. It made look smart when I didn't necessarily know what I was doing at the time.

RIP Gene

** Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Sorry to hear Gene is gone.
He was a very helpful and insightful person.
Always shared his information with all of us.

RIP Gene

This is surely a great lost.
Gene will be missed here in tek tips.
My he RIP.

Though I've never met him, I felt sad as I read the OP. Ghtrout has provided so much advice here, helped many and didn't even know it.[sadeyes] My thoughts go out to his Family.

That is a shock to hear. Most likely I have derived approximately 60% or better of my PBX knowledge over the last couple of decades from him as well as some others.

His family will be in my prayers

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Sorry to hear that - He has helped me a lot also. I still use many notes and website info....... I hope his family knows how much we appreciated his efforts

Gene was a great guy and loved to contribute to the Nortel family. He'll be missed! Here is a STAR! for Gene!

I'm very sorry for the late reply although I was one of the first to be informed by Drew last week about Gene. I've been away on vacation and haven't been able to get onto tek-tips.

Like many of us, we would have been lost without Gene's professional detailed knowledge and his excellent website. I've also been lucky enough to have personally known him and had spoken to Gene on previous occasions.

Even now, I'm still shocked by the news and that we have all lost a good friend. My thoughts go out to all of Gene's family and friends.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

You guys better download and save copies of his files before his website goes down.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Johnthephoneguy,
I have plans to try and make sure that it doesn't. I can tell you there is already a mirror running, but I don't want it to go that way, I want his site to stay up.
-Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back