Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GEIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

basspro

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2002
US
Desparately need help with bisync communications to GEIS.

Basspro,
i had a nightmare setting up FTP, and then ASYNC with GEIS. I had to drop the project because the support I got we're unsatisfactory. My case was with Gentran connection and translation. One thing you wanna make sure - Get A script for send and receive; login script, etc...I doubt you can get it from GEIS - they passed me around. Ask your translating software vendor if they have it. This is all based on my experience, I hope you do better.
GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the reply. I am finally got it all worked all, with no thanks to GEIS (technical support is useless).

hi

i wanted to know about features of GEIS application integrator,compared to mercator and EC map.especially loop control feature in it.

Hi basspro,
I heard you got the solution with bisync communications to GEIS. I've the same nightmare. And there is no help from GEIS. My problem is the sending mode with GOFTPW.
The program allways answeres with error
'ERROR -253, BAD PARAMETER IN CALL'.

I really tried a lot of parameters with and without spaces, with and without blank lines and so on in the SEND.INF file but without any success. Did you find the solution ???

Would be very nice to hear about it from you. :)

In order to set up a Bysync connection with GEIS, you need to ask for a fastbatch mailbox (ask a few people because they don't seem to know what they have)
After the Fastbatch is in play you'll need to export your script and create a batch file that will allow you to put your file into FTP format and then create a send and receive script and send it. sounds simple right.....
Well I learned all this on my own with out any help from GEIS. If you need detail instructions give me a call.

SliderX45

Does anyone have an FTP script for Getting to and from GEIS via Gentran? If so I'd like to see a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back