Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce3 : broken component

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmorane

Technical User
Jul 2, 2002
FR
Hello !
I saw last night that i have a broken component on my geforce3 !!!
it's the red-circled one >>> it's not my card, but exactly the same model
i was experiencing a big performance decrease for a few weeks, and at last yesterday i knew what caused this decrease
The card still works, but only when not requiring lots of 3D functions (morrowind works fine for a moment, the lag lag lag ; colin mcrae 2 works perfect when all options to minimum, whatever the resolution may be)
my system is a athlon 1.4ghz, with 256Mo DDR-Ram
do you think i should buy a new one (i think about a geforce4 4200) or can it be fixed ???
Regards,
bob

how did it break? and i'm not sure what that component does exactly but it is a coil of wire so there must be some resistance that is supposed to be. try to rma and return it or email them with the problem, they might be able to replace it or repair at their will. that's all i can say. if u can't get a replacement or repair and ur gonna get a new card anyways try to repair it urself. just know there is no polarity on that device. and also morrwind is a little slow anyways even on my geforce 4 ti4600 and 1.53 athlon xp at 1024x768 view distance 3/4 and full shadows.

im sorry *component* not device, and i also have 512 ddr ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back