Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GeForce 4 ti4200, how to disable fps max limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicket

Technical User
Jun 15, 2002
US
i m using winXP, P4 1.7g, 256 rambus, g4 ti 4200
while i m playing counter-strike
the video card has a fps max at 60

how can i disable it?i want set it at least to 100

ff

I doubt its anything in-game but do you have a specific cfg file that u use for playing CS? if so are there any graphics settings that are limiting it to 60 fps?

Otherwise try changing the advanced settings under control panel/display. Try turning V-Sync off (I know this helped with my fps on Q2 and Q3 Arena)

Hope some of this helps _______________
Stretchy [Pipe]

wow actually hes completely wrong. it is in game. lol. well it may be that but the command in game is fps_max 100. type that in console. or i think thats wha it is its either that or max_fps 100 if that doesnt work listen to him

max fps can be set in the config file in the cstrike directory
fps_max "100.0"

Just a point!
Any frame rate above the monitors refresh rate ie: 75htz etc is completely wasted anyway!
As long as it is displaying higher than say 65fps ( the human eye cannot tell the differance above this)
Beyond 65fps quality and detail are what matters!
Frame rate used to be the be all and end all when older cards struggled with a stuttering 20-30fps in the newer games, but it is far less of an issue with the latest GF4's etc. Martin Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

the voodoo 3 3500 outperforms the g4 ti 4400.
I switched from the voodoo 3 3500 to the g4 ti 4400 and lost 25 fps on CS and TFC in GL mode.

I seriously doubt that, what is more probable is that you have not configured you card properly or you are using a much older machine.

Just out of interest, what machine are you using? _______________________
Happy to help if i can.
Stretchy [Pipe]

lol note that winxp has a refresh lock which forces the card to display at 60 fps max you should search google for Windows 2000/XP NVidia Refresh Rate Fix this should sort it out and type fps_max 101 in console in cs.

Note there are more than one like this software so if one wont work try another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back