Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

geforce 4 mx440 doesn't run on xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

portwebcd

Programmer
Jan 9, 2004
PH
my geforce 4 mx440 doesn't run on windows xp. i couldn,t get to the log-in window. After the screen where Xp loads, my computer shuts down. Can you help me?

thanks.

Did you change out your vid card? Or is this a new install (winxp)?

If you changed it go into safemode (F8) then set the display to default (or generic)...then try and reboot normally. If that works install your drivers for the vid card. You may have to re-install your old card first then uninstall the card and drivers before you can install the new card (recommended).

If it's a new install (winxp) I'd suggest you go to the site for your card to find solutions

Cheers

thanks

i'll try it as soon as possible. When i still had an nvidia TNT2 vcard, my OS was windowsXP. After i installed my new geforce4 mx440, the problem started. So i decided to change to windowsME and the video card worked.

thanks again. i'll keep you posted

xp wont install on a hd very well if you dont clear the mbr. you need to use the dos command clearhdd 0 to do this. this could be your posting problem. the same thing happened to me updating from win98. you can get the command from the samsung site and add it to your boot floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back