Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

geforce 2mx 400 new display drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solon13

Technical User
May 27, 2001
US
I have used this card with mech warrior3 and it has been great,I received mech warrior 4 for my b-day and I got the message that my drivers needed to be updated to work with the new game, I updated to the latest drivers from nvidia which is an actual application that installs the drivers and then the adapter wouldn't work correctlty at all. I went back to the old drivers to get the computer workable again. I really want to play this game and get it working. does anyone know of a solution or have drivers they know will work or is this a lost cause, by the way mw4's readme file did mention some incapatablity problems but also said that nvidia was working on it. anyone know about this and the status?

First I'd make sure that you've got the latest DirectX, version 8.1.

Then, check your video card's manufactures website, they are usually good about releasing drivers - though you should be able to simply use nVidia's reference drivers... BTW, who makes your video card?

the card is from Gainward, all they have for drivers are nvidia's detonator xp reference drivers, which i have tried but no fix.

Well have you checked the website of the game's programmers? Maybe it's a bug with the software and there's an update for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back