Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Geforce 2 opengl lockup problems with asus p5a-b mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

juiceman

Technical User
Oct 19, 2001
US
I have an asus p5-ab motherboard, asus v7700 geforce 2 gts video card and a live value soundcard. Direct 3d works fine and doesn't lock up but every time I run opengl I get random lockups. I have to reboot. It happens at all different times. I am using the 6.50 detonators. It is not overclocked, I actually underclocked it to see if it would help and it doesn't. I have been to geforcefaq.com and did everything there. I have updated the ali agp driver. Please help! Is there an incompatiblity issue with the ali chip set on the mb? Any help would be great!
Thanks
Juice

Does that ASUS board use a via chipset?
If it does install the Via 4-in-1 driver to fix this problem. John D. Saucier
webmaster@johnnyfilth.com
Certified Technician

I'm getting the same thing with my Asus Cusl2-C and Visiontek Geforce2 GTS with 32mb of ram.

The mobo is an Intel chipset. This only happens when I play Nascar 4. I have been talking with Sierra and they have exhausted all of their tricks. They told me to return the game they were so frustrated. I think it may be the mobo with this card.

Did you have any luck, Juice?

JuiceMan,

This board uses ALI M1541 AGP chipset and after extensive search i found that the board does not support AGP Properly.

You have to use a PCI display adapter for this board to work properly.

boombastic

ASUS MB COME WITH ERROR SETTING IN THE BIOS.

CHECK THE STATUS. IF ITS SAID HALT ON ALL ERROR, CHANGE TO

HALT ON NO ERROR.

THAN TRY.

LET ME KNOW IF IT WORK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back