Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gee Wiz and GWIA (5.5) hanging up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlonBB

MIS
Jan 12, 2007
US
We are experiencing an increasing hangup issue with Gee Wiz and GWIA on
our 5.1 server. Has anyone had any issue with these two products? We
are able to reboot the server and things resume to normal, but we are not
getting notification of what the problem was.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Marlon

If I'm not mistaken, GEE WHiz is an old product that was bought by Gwava and then integrated into some of their other product offerings.. Can't say I've ever used it, but looks like you need a round of upgrades (NetWare, GroupWise, Antispam). You will probably have a hard time finding support for your current configuration. GroupWise 5.5 hasn't been supported for years, and NetWare 5.1 just went on the non-supported list.

It also sounds like you are very accustomed to lockups and hangs. In general, this isn't normal. There may be other factors at stake here, but hard to say without knowing more about your server. Are you at least patched as much as possible? I believe SP9 for NetWare and I think SP4 for GroupWise 5.5.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
See me speak at GWAVACON Jan 21-23 in Dallas.

Well this is the first time this has happened to this magnitude. This server and service rarely ever do down. Before this, it had not been rebooted in 180 days.

Support is hard to find I see.

GeeWhiz was modified and evolved into GWAVIX 3.0. GWAVIX 2.0 spun off in a different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back