Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GDK100 Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeSomeone

Vendor
Jul 13, 2016
AU
I'm hoping some LDK gurus still hang out here, The short version is how do i enable group pickup on internal and external calls?

The long version is its a busted system that I've corrupted once already trying to get LCR off after installing BSIP and cutting PSTN lines. My best guess seems the installer changed it to a different country, turned on LCR and the changed it back to Australian-Telstra(Where LCR programing is hidden). I bricked it when i tried doing the same. My prework DB backup had weird stuff like "dummy stations" turned on. After much pain I got it back to functioning with LCR still on but only ISDN lines enabled. But for the life of me i cant get internal pickup working which they swear they could do before this disaster.

hunts 620-624 are rings for various departments, pickup is on
hunt 632-634 are pickup groups with various members. i've tried deleting all these and making just one. no difference

On my emg80 test rig i can't pickup internal until i add members to pgm192. LDK doesn't have this PGM

Doing my head in, plus the prototype remote serial access box i sent them keeps overheating and shutting the stick pc down after 15mins (needs a fan)

If they are already in pickup groups you should just be able to dial 66 to pick up the call

It’s set as ** for group pickup in numbering plan. But doesn’t work

Is there a reason its set to **? Maybe try change that back to 66 if possible.

By internal pickup do you mean incoming calls from outside the system? Or are the users actually phoning each other internally within the system and trying to pickup the phone that's ringing across/next to them?

I took a look through some of my notes and other than pgm 47 and 48 there's not much to the setup of pickup groups. You set the group type as pickup in 47, add the members then you can enable/disable auto pickup or all ring in pgm 48.

** is default for Australian numbering plan.

Internal pickup is the biggest issue. Ie the next desk over is getting an a call from another station in the building
Some of the offline settings

tbh i dont bother using the pick up groups in prg 192 on the emg80s .

i just set up pick up groups in 190 there more than enough groups in 190 for the size a emg80 will ever get to in the real world .

why is the system in Australian . are you located in Aus ? . if your in the uk . why not put the system back into UK mode?

can you pick up by flex key ?

id be tempted to flatten the system and program it from scratch . but on a system of that age you have to question the state of the battery on the board as to how long it will last and if it will retain the database in the event of a power cut . not a issue if your on a good UPS mind.

if i have to do work on these older systems i make the customer sign a piece of paper saying that if it doesn't come up on a power cycle its not my fault and they understand the risk.

i had the same issue on some very old Siemens PBX when i worked for them after 25 years of being on all the time . if you had a power cut they wouldnt come bk up lol

Yes in Australia. Haven’t tried setting a flex key but I doubt it would make a difference.

A default might fix it but if I’m missing a setting or the firmware has a bug, I’ll be losing a 4.5 hour drive each way plus time on site.
I’m not prepared to push firmware without a spare. I cleaned out the shed and threw out a heap a few months ago and buying a spare isn’t one the cards, I’ve already lost enough on this job.

the only thing i would advise is to get a data base of a system where you know it works and compare the 2 see if there are any difference . u can litrally split ur acreen put both db's next to each other one in offline admin and one live on site and scroll through all settings to see what differences you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back