Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GD - how to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaRNCaT

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
NZ
Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to use GD?
I have no idea where to start with it, and don't understand the online manual enough to build the application I want.
Thanks

Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

A Google search using the query PHP GD tutorial found a number of links. "

Yes I've done that, unfortunatly the tutorials I've found tell you how to draw a box, which I don't need, I need one to upload, resize, watermark and thumbnail pictures.

Thanks anyway.

Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

And a Google search query of PHP GD tutorial resize found a lot more links to tutorials which discuss image manipulation.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

if you check the php resource website there are some auto image resize classes already written that use GD and that are very simple to implement into your own processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back