Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway Services for Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshFink

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
I can't seem to find the "Gateway Services for Netware" for Server 2003. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Josh

Hello! :D

what do you want to do with the services? just access files on a novell server, or something more?

if its just accessing files, you just need is the novell client which may or may not come with windows (its come with all previous versions and i dont have win2k3 installed anymore to look.. :( ) - you'll also have to setup an account for IUSR_ user on the novell system, or it will still have no access

I need to set up shares and such through the Novell Gateway from the Win2k3 server to the Novell Server. Client services doesn't allow you to set up one account and shares, it is based on the user that is logged into the Win2K3 box. This would enable me to set up a global share based on the account I specify in the NTGateway account on Novell to access files.

I see client services no problem. In Win2K GSNW is right there in the control panel? in 2K3 it's not.

Did that make sense?

Is it just you and I talking in two threads this morning?

Thanks for the help

Josh

It has to be possible.. :D Can't just take it away..

I would love to check the newsgroups, but Win2K3 is still in beta and it's not in the newsgroups again.

Josh

The newsgroups are at privatenews.microsoft.com and you may need a userid and password. They were distributed with Release Candidate 1 and 2. You may be able to get them from Microsoft.

Thanks. For the life of me I can't find my userid and password. I'm hoping since they just sent it to RTM they will open up the newsgroups soon without a Userid and Password.

Thanks for the help

Josh

I am having the identical issue...have you found a solution as of yet?

No I haven't, but would love to find one.

Josh

Well I decided that i will use a 2000 server i have in my AD to link up to my novell share and then have my users just map to it at login..damn microsoft.

Damn Microsoft is right. I am going to use 2000 as well for now.

Josh

I had the same problem and my service provider made a call at MS.

Here is the answer:

The gateway service (FPNW) V 5.0 is NOT compatible with Windows Server 2003 an won't start, even after an upgrade from 2000->2003 Server (I tried this!). But there is a light on the horizon: A new version will be released in mid august 2003.

Has anybody found a solution for the GSNW issue on Win2003? I see a service pack for FPNW but I don't see anything about GSNW. Is it a part of FPNW now? I don't want to pay $150 to find out it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back