Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gateway/Internet agent options missing from NWAdmin menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcehling

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
We are attempting to install WebAccess and are running GroupWise 5.5 and NWAdmin32. The problem comes in when we attempt to create the WebAccess agent in the NWAdmin32 GroupWise view. When we right click on the domain and select create, there is no option for GroupWise Agent or GroupWise Gateway/Internet Agent. This last option, "GroupWise Gateway/Internet Agent", is the one we need in order to create the WebAccess object. Any ideas?

Thank you, Marvin.

We ran the install as suggested, but it appears that it will create a GWIA if we continue to execute it. We do already have the Internet Agent and do not want to overwrite it. What we are missing is the "GroupWise Gateway/Internet Agent" option in the "New Object" drop down box within the Netware Admin32 tool. We need this so that we can define the properties for the WebAccess agent. Will running the install file as suggested, modify the Netware Admin32 tool, so that it will display the options that are currently missing from the "New Object" drop down box?

Hi,
I have a GW 5.5.5 system running on one of my servers and use Webacc55. The object that you want "Groupwise Gateway/Internet Agent" can only be created under the Groupwise Domain object. Just select that object and double click and you should see the MTA, GWIA and Webacc55 objects. If the Webacc55 is missing then you will need to create it. Mine was already created for me when I installed the Web Access S/W.

HTH
Ken

Thanks for the post, Ken. Your reply was right on. The object was hiding in plain sight.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back