Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gantt chart bar collecting custom column information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornucopia

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
CA
Can MS Project collect information from a custom calculated column and display it on the Gantt bar chart. I have made several custom columns self calculate from two custom input columns. Then I have tried several ways to make a custom Duration column add up correctly from custom input (number) columns. Also the Gantt bar chart only seems to recognise the original Duration column and not the Custom duration column. Can I make the custom duration column work from custom number columns and can I make the bar chart see custom duration columns. I have tried this in Gantt and resource and Task views. Or am I asking too much of the program.

Hello Cornucopia,
To customize the Gantt chart bars:
1. "Format" select "Bar Styles"
2. Lower half of the dialog box click on the "Text" tab
3. Choose which part of the Gantt bar you want the information to appear. Then click on the drop down arrow.
4. Scroll down to the field you want to show.

Please note: Any customization you do is to that specific view or table. You will have to use the "Organizer" ("Tools" select "Organizer") to move the customization to anyother *.mpp file.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Thanks, Storyteller, although I didn't post that I can use it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back