Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Games vs. Java 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJR

ISP
Apr 22, 2000
US
Whenever I try to play games at Pogo I get the follwing messsage:
The following error has occurred:Java Corrupted orMisinstalled

Explanation:
This error occurs when your Java software has been either misinstalled on your browser or if Java software has been corrupted in some way. Some of the symptoms include a large number of "exception errors", applets not showing up (or showing up as a blank or gray frame), and other crash problems.

How to Fix the Problem:
The best way to solve the problem is to upgrade to a newer version of the browser you use. This will come with the latest versions of the Java software so you'll be able to run our Classic Games properly. (You should uninstall your current version before you begin the upgrade in order to start with a clean setup.) If you're already using the latest version of your browser and are experiencing this problem, it's still best if you uninstall your browser and then reinstall to begin anew.

Does this mean that I have to uninstall Internet Explorer 5.5 and upgrade to 6? And if I uninstall it how do I get on to the Internet to reinstall it?

All of this is a mystery to me because I have never had this problem before and wonder if it could have been caused by a virus. Any help is appreciated.

One thing you can try is going to ' once there find the newest version of "microsoft virtual machine". Download it and install it, that might take care of the java issue.

DaDog

Thank you! I downloaded from that site and now all is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back