Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Game compatability for diff. os

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindsweeper

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
AU
I have some games written for windows 3.1 on CD-ROM. I expect to buy new system PC with Windows Millennium, can I use these games in new system?

Thanks for help

The best way to know is to try it. Windows ME has very little support for DOS and older Windows 16 bit programs. I have gotten some older 16bit programs to work with Win2K. So in theory it may work. (Since Win2K has even less 16bit support than Win ME)As I stated to know for sure is to just try them out.

From my knowledge I think that you will be alright and that the games should work. But the graphics on computer games now days has gotten so deep that when your computer sees older games in your case the graphics might not be very good.

Well you would have to install the games in DOS if the games will run on your computer.

Installing and running games from dos can be driver hell. Especially since ME doesn't come with real mode dos. Not a viable option in my opinion. Justin

Feel free to email me at:
beckham@mailbox.orst.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back