Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Galaxy, EtherLink 1000-SX-IBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hottaix

Technical User
Mar 28, 2002
US
I have just added a Galaxy, EtherLink 1000-SX-IBM (Gigabit Ethernet-SX PCI Adapter) (14100401) Fiber Channel Card to my S70 Server.... When I run cfgmgr it comes up as : Gigabit Ethernet-SX Adapter (14100401) I am running AIX 5L and have tried loading specific drivers... On my S80 Server I have a Gigabit Ethernet card also and it comes up as: IBM 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet PCI Adapter (14100401) Note this card is functioning properly.... Both are IBM Genuine cards.... Can anyone help me out here? I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem and I am running out of time to get it fixed......

Thanks!

the problem is that its not recognizing the card as a FC 10/100/1000 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Adapter... I have loaded all of the FC drivers on the 5L cd and there is no change, to me the card seems to be seeing itself as a standard ethernet adapter and not a Fiber Adapter.....

What is the 2 character designation on the card (4-R, 4-C, etc). What is the designation of the other card as well? It won't be either of the 2 I mentioned, but something else.

Bill.

Can i find that out through a command or do I have to physically look at the card?

A-A on the working one, and 4-U on the one we are having problems getting to work..... We have it patched to our router and we do not get any link lights on the card, but there is a good connection between the router and the card... Any suggestions? or ideas?

Thanks Again!

The "A-A" and "4-U" clearly indicate that the 2 cards are different.

Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back