Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yardyy

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
How can i remove a person from the GAL, but keep there mailbox, it tried to hide the mailbox, but, you can use OWA then... any ideas most appreciated.. Yardyy

If their account is hiden, then I guess they have left perhaps. In this case their NT account should be disabled and/or deleted. In which case there is no mapping between the account name and thge security ID. Hence they will not be able to access via OWA.

What i meant to say was, is there a way to remove the name in the GAL, but keep the mailbox, if the mailbox is hidden then i cant use OWA, we have external users who only log in via OWA, and i dont want there names in the GAL.. Yardyy

so these are the users that are still active, but you don't want their name to apear in the GAL. right?

If they are active, then hiding their mailbox should still allow them to access mail via OWA. If not active, and you have hidden their mailbox in exchange, and you want them to NOT be able to access their mail via OWA, then disable their NT account.

I tried to hide the mailbox and then access the mail via OWA, i get a message that says "inbox not found", if I unhide the mailbox, OWA works fine...
Yardyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back