Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GAL-field is greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

selinis

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
CA
Hi,

I posted this message on the exchange forum as well, not sure if this is a client or server issue.

Briefly:

environment:
server- Exchange 2003
client-Outlook 2003

Whenever someone looks under GAL and retrives the information for a person, the Business2 field (under Phone/Notes tab on person's properties..) is greyed out.
Anyone know why is this happening?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Number of causes depending how the information is gathered. Is Exchange gathering user data from ADS? Seems at least it is grayed out so end-users don't enter data. Request changes to Exchange Admin. they may have their own user association lists by e-mail account names.

Tom

Not sure what is happening as I am help desk analyst and I could see a ticket bouncing between exchange server team and the second lvl supp. Exchange Admin said he could logon onto that particular mailbox and he could see that field enabled. The second lvl supp isn't aware of a setting which enables/disables that field on client side (Outlook 2003). The user is looking up for a person under GAL and he can see the field on other computer (another user logged onto it..), but not on his computer (under his username...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back