Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gain exclusive access to Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillary

Programmer
Feb 15, 2002
US
I am trying to get into one of our company shared databases to update it. Someone has had the database open for a week. I have taken ownership of the .ldb file but the system won't let me delete it. How can I gain exclusive access to the database?

open Access from the start menu then open "More Files", then when you find what you want click on it once, then click on the small arrow next to the Open button and Open Exclusively! land of milk and Honey

There is no small arrow next to the Open button. There is only an arrow next to the Open With and Send To. Any other segestions would be great. Maybe I'm just trying to open this incorrectly.

Thanks,
Hillary

Go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Access then left mouse click.

When Access opens select More Files.

After you browse and locate the file then select it and the open button will have an arrow next to it.

Are you using 2000 or 97? Long Live Motor

I followed the directions but do not have the arrow next to the open. I am using Access 2000.

If you send me your email address to hlincourt@hoverdavis.com I can send you a screen shot.

Hillary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back