Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

g700's down HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
I have a LSP with a 8300 with 5 g700's. Last night the link went down but is back up now. My 8300 and the 2nd g700 are up but the last 3 g700's are not linking up...

HELP! Any suggestions?

what changed? can you ping them, this is always a good place to start? its hard to believe they would just quit working without anybody changing anything, rather it be on the network side or the phone system side of things.

I can ping them and can also telnet into them. But in CM I am just not seeing them as up...

Have you tried a reset system 4 on the G700/8300 ....NOT ON YOUR 8700? Sometimes that will kick start them

How would I go about that on the 8300? I have tried re-booting it...

When I telnet into the g700's they are showing the link up. This is really confusing me...

telnet into your g700/8300 via asa
type reset system 4 enter
give it a couple min
go back into cm for you 8700 do a list med and see if they re register

I telnet into my g700 and do command...

"show faults"

It tells me "Primary controller not found.

and you should have a list of primary controller IP addresses (CLANs at main site)

if you do a ping mgp xx.xx.xx.xx do you get a reply?

you could try a reset mgp on the G700s that are down if you get a reply but the gateways are not registered

I cannot ping the Clan from the g700's that are down.

But i can from the ones that are up.

do a show interface and show ip route

wondering if something has gone amiss here

Problem solved. Avaya came out and found that those 3 g700's were not registering to the CLAN card back at the main site for some reason.

They removed all three and then re-added them one by one and they came back up...

Happens all the time what most likely happened is when Avaya / business partner installed the G700 they did not save the MGC list in the G700. Then they need to log out of the g700 and go back and check to make sure the settings saved. Happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back