Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G700 synch source 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

caislain11

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
IE
Hi Guys,

We have a number of LSPs and ESS throughout our network with duplicated S8720s. At the central location we use our carrier BT as the primary sync source.

My question is what should the DS1s in LSPs be set to? I have them using our carrier BT as primary sync source. Should this be set to sync source internal?

I have been told that clocking issues can occur if set incorrectly.

Thanks in advance,

Cais

In case of G700s & G350s you should set the sync source to an ISDN module. This also applies to G650 port networks that are IP connected to the main site.

Petran.

Hi petran,

Thanks for that. I have it set as follows:

MG-001-1(configure)# set sync interface primary v4
MG-001-1(configure)# set sync source primary

Would errors on this trunk cause voice quality issues from LSP site to main location?

Cais

sync problems usually cause dropped calls on ISDN trunks. Try testing calls from stations in remote site to stations in local site. If there is a problem then it is not a sync problem...

Petran.

Hi Petran,
Thanks for that. I can see that we are getting 4 ES (errored seconds) on the trunk every 15 minutes. How many errored seconds are tolerable? if any

I issued the command ' list measurement DS1 log 03c14'

Thanks again,

Cais

If you are getting errors every 15 minutes for a long time then this is a problem (may not relate to poor voice quality, but still is a problem). Check cabling and then contact the provider of the ISDN trunk....

As for the poor voice quality, use latest f/w, use QoS over the network and see what happens..

Petran.

Hi Petran,

Thanks for the info. I will let you know the outcome.

Regards,

Cais

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back