Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G650 with S8400 Re-install from CM5.2 to CMM5.2.1 license error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymoo

Technical User
Feb 20, 2011
GH
Hi there,

Re-installed an old G650 CM5.2 box to introduce messaging as the old Audix system (R1.1) was full and could not add any more subscribers. Current software is CMM5.2.1 SP9.

Followed all the procedures - backed-up translations, applied license and authentication files, restored backups and generally had everything working, including embedded messaging.

Now we seem to have an issue with licensing. Have the following error:

"dadmin@GHAACT030> statuslicense
CommunicaMgr License Mode: License Error
System Administration Will Be Blocked in Approximately 30 days.
Contact Your Service Representative Immediately.
Serial Number Mismatch
Network used for License: NONE
License Serial Number is 09FP14001050 on NONE"

SIPI: TN8412AP HW19 FW016
Server: TN8400BP HW01 FW001

No hardware was replaced during or after the installation. Checked on this and other forums and tried a few things suggested in previous posts to no avail... Need help please.

Thanks

Systems & Communications Engineer

Try this from linux. It will reinstall the previous lsfile if you show one.

ls -l /diskroot/etc/opt/ecs/tmp (previously installed lsfiles - loadlicense -u)
cd /diskroot/etc/opt/ecs/tmp;ls -l

If the SIPI serial number matches in the previous lsfile, this may resolve your issue. If not, you need serial number swap on the license in the Avaya RFA database.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Since this was a fresh install of 5.2.1, I didn't expect any previous license to show up (unless licenses are saved as part of translations???).

Tried it anyway and found nothing there. Actual path used "/etc/opt/ecs/tmp"

Thanks

These would have showed up if you had done a restore from the previous backups.

/diskroot is the directory if ramdisk was enabled.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

If you did a restore from previous backups and there are no previous license files in the directory, then the system has only had the original license installed.

You will need to install the SIPI with the correct serial number or install an Avaya RFA license with the serial number that matches your license and installed SIPI board.

bsh

Thanks for the reply.

Restoring the full backup initially resulted in me losing the Messaging option in the web Administration menu. I had to resort to restoring only the translations to prevent this occurrence. Our BP then retrieved the license for me from RFA using our SID. It is this retrieved license that is causing the issue now ...

If I may ask a somewhat silly question, are licenses included in a translation backup?

Regards

BTW, is the serial number on the front of the SIPI the correct one to use? If so, I wonder how the system was functioning prior to the upgrade.

I know from past experience that some Avaya systems require the actual serial numbers to be retrieved from within the system for licensing to succeed.

Thanks

The serialnumber on the latch should match the serialnumber for the board.

Use these commands from linux to verify the license and the SIPI:

statuslicense -v
serialnumber

bsh

Many Thanks Bsh!

Always found your posts very helpful.

License change was effected by BP to the current serial number and issue vanished. Left to us to find out how SIPI serial number "changed" without "anyone" being aware...

Regards,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back